MHS Scholarships 2021
Delta Sigma Theta Scholarship
Instructions for Submitting Application for Delta Sigma Theta Scholarship
In order to qualify for a Scholarship, an applicant must:
- Submit a completed and signed scholarship application by the applicant and Parent/Guardian.
- Submit an official transcript — a minimum of a cumulative 3.0 GPA.
- Submit SAT and/or ACT score.
- Be enrolled or have been enrolled in college prep courses.
- Have applied and/or been accepted to a college, university, or technical college.
- Submit two (2) letters of recommendation with at least one from your school (principal, teacher, or counselor) and one from a person of your community (pastor, community leader, or employer—but not a relative). Letters must be signed, typed on letterhead and enclosed in a sealed envelope addressed to the Greenwood Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. If the reference does not have letterhead, they must include their full name, mailing address, email address, and a contact number on the letter. Letters must include:
- Name and contact information of reference
- Relationship to applicant, how long reference has known applicant
- Information regarding why applicant should receive the scholarship award
- All questions on the application must be answered. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applicant must submit all information to: Greenwood Alumnae Chapter Delta Sigma Thcta Sorority, Inc. c/o Scholarship Committee P. O. Box 324
Greenwood, SC 29648 or via email in PDF format to gacdstscholarship@ gmail.com postmarked no later than March 29, 2021.
McCormick Lions Club Scholarship
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4-point scale.
- Be involved in service to school, community, or church.
- Plan to attend a college, university, or technical school. If accepted, attach a copy of the letter of acceptance.
- Submit two (2) letters of recommendation.
- Submit application by April 20th, of year of graduation.
- Return to High School Guidance Counselor to review and sign before you mail the completed/signed application to the Lions Club.
- Scholarship will be sent directly to the college or university where the student has enrolled and will be made payable to the institution on behalf of the student.
2021 National Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association Scholar/Essay Application
VARIOUS SCHOLARSHIP LINKS
The mission statement of the Foundation fully captures the intent of its founder, Walter J. Brown. In 1970, Brown established the Watson-Brown Foundation primarily to provide “college opportunities for underprivileged boys and girls.” Named for Thomas E. Watson and J.J. Brown, the Foundation awards annually more than $2.4 million in merit and need-based college scholarships to students from a eighteen county region of Georgia and South Carolina.
The primary mission of the Watson-Brown Foundation is providing need and merit based scholarships to select Georgia and South Carolina students attending accredited four year colleges and universities. in the United States.
Amount: $5,000; renewable for four years
United Negro College Fund Scholarships
UNCF has helped more than 450,000 students earn their college degrees since its founding.
UNCF is the nation’s largest private scholarship provider to minority group members. Each year, we award more than $100 million in scholarships to more than 10,000 students at more than 1,100 schools across the country.
There are several scholarships listed. Apply for as many as possible.
Clemson: The Lyceum Scholars Program
Open to incoming Freshmen, the Lyceum Scholars Program is the first college program in the U.S. to use a Great Books approach to studying liberty, capitalism, the American Founding and moral character. All Lyceum Scholars are assigned faculty "Socratic Tutors" who guide their intellectual development for their entire four-year education. Those interested in becoming Lyceum Scholars should apply during their senior year of high school to Clemson University and the Lyceum Scholars programs.
All Lyceum Scholars receive a $10,000 scholarship, which is disbursed over their 4 years at Clemson University. In exchange for this scholarship, students in this program take a sequence of eight courses with the Lyceum Scholars Program.
Welcome to the College Board's Scholarship Search!
Fastweb is the premier online resource for paying and preparing for college.
Fastweb members are matched to relevant scholarship opportunities completely free of charge. With roughly 1.5 million scholarships worth more than $3.4 billion, there are scholarships for every student’s educational goals, activities and interests.
Additionally, Fastweb members can depend on us for insider financial aid tips, advice on high school and college life, as well as job and internship matches in their area.